6101 Thirteenth Street
Mays Landing, NJ 08330
When is my recycling day?
Click Here for recycling calendar
Where can I get new recycling bins?
Click Here for recycling bin information
What can I recycle?
Click Here to see a list of materials recycled in the Township of Hamilton.
Who do I call if my recycle was missed?
Atlantic County Utilities Authority at (609)272-6950
Where can I take Electronic Waste, Rigid Plastic, and Metal Items?
Click Here to see the Township of Hamilton FREE RECYCLING information.
How do I recycle single-use bags?
Click Here to find out how to Recycle Beyond the Bag!
Who do I call if my trash was missed?
Atlantic County Utilities Authority at (609)272-6950 You can also report missed collections through the website ACUA.com using the chat or contact us option here or by emailing customer service at [email protected].
Who collects our trash?
Weekly residential trash collection services are provided Township-wide through a contract with Atlantic County Utilities Authority. All residents receiving curbside collection MUST have a cart provided by the Twp. of Hamilton in order for their trash to be collected. Township of Hamilton will provide each residence with one (1) cart only and the cart remains the property of the township. Additional carts are available from the township for a yearly rental fee of $155. Please call the Public Works Department at 609-625-6311 or Click Here for an application.
How should I place the cart at the street?
All materials must fit in the cart so that the lid is closed. Only materials within the cart will be collected.
Can I put my house number on my trash cart?
It is suggested that you use stickers similar to those you might use on your mailbox if you want to put your house number on the cart. The carts are the property of the township and care should be taken not to damage them. Please refrain from using markers or spray paint to mark the cans as this permanently defaces the can and you will be charged the cost of a new cart based on marketing pricing plus $25 service fee. (Ord.# 1931-2020)
What happens if my cart breaks?
Damage sustained through normal wear and tear will be repaired by Township of Hamilton. You may report any damages or other problems with your cart by calling us at 609-625-6311.
What happens if my trash cart is lost or stolen?
What do I do with leaves and yard waste?
Leaves and brush are collected curbside on Saturdays by the ACUA for most of the township. Mizpah, Bears Head and Weymouth sections are collected the first Saturday of the month ONLY if you call 609.272.6950 or email [email protected] ahead to request a pickup for your address. For a schedule, please go to www.acua.com.
What do I do with bulky items?
The residential trash collection program is designed to allow residents to dispose of their weekly household trash. The additional bulk waste collection services described below are offered to help residents with the occasional need for disposal of larger items. Residents need to make other arrangements with the disposal company of their choice to dispose of debris from larger construction projects or home/garage clean outs. You are permitted to place two (2) items weekly at the curb next to your cart for pickup. You may dispose of items from any of the following categories:
• Carpet - must be cut down and rolled into manageable bundles. Each bundle counts as one (1) bulky item.
• Furniture - A box spring and mattress count as two (2) items. Other items accepted include, but are not limited to, couches, dressers, other furniture items. These all count as one (1) item.
• Construction Debris – It is permissible to place large items at the curb for bulk waste collection such as a toilet or sink. Other construction debris should be transported to the landfill at Atlantic County Utilities Authority, please visit ACUA.com for further information on landfill rates, procedures, and hours. Residents generating more construction debris than can be disposed of through curbside collection may transport waste themselves to the landfill at Atlantic County Utilities Authority (Click Here for disposal information)
• Miscellaneous – Other larger or unwieldy items are accepted as bulk items. Please call the Public Works Department if you have questions about whether an item is accepted for disposal. 625-6311
• Attic / Garage / Home clean-outs and/or moving - Often cleaning out a garage or attic or preparing to move out of your home results in a large amount of discarded items. Residents generating more trash than can be disposed of through curbside collection may transport waste themselves to the landfill at the Atlantic County Utilities Authority (more information available at www.acua.com) or you may contact with the waste hauler of your choice for additional collection and disposal services.
The following items may NOT be disposed of through curbside trash collection:
• Tires – may be dropped off at Public Works Yard, 5500 Atlantic Avenue, limit of 4 per month
• Concrete – Can be recycled at many local recycling facilities. Check the phone book under “recycling” for listings
• Hazardous materials – Can be taken to Household Hazardous Waste Day please see acua.com/hhw for more information.
• Appliances and other metal items - Call the Public Works Office to schedule a separate collection at 609-625-6311
• Recyclable items – Click Here for a description of what can be recycled.
Should I continue to bag my trash?
Yes. Bagging your trash will help to keep the cart clean and sanitary, and prevent litter on windy days. All bags must be placed curbside in the gray cart only.
What do I do with leaves and yard waste?
Leaves and brush are collected curbside on Saturdays by the ACUA for most of the township. Mizpah, Bears Head and Weymouth sections are collected the first Saturday of the month ONLY if you call 609.272.6950 or email the ACUA ahead to request a pickup for your address. For a schedule, please go to www.acua.com
What about metal items and appliances?
These items are are recyclable and are collected by scheduling with the Public Works Department at 609-625-6311. Please make sure to take the door off any upright refrigerator or freezer before placing them at your curb.
How do I get more information on trash disposal and recycling?
Visit this web site for more recycling information:
www.acua.com —for recycling and vegetative waste collection.
Please call the Public Works Department with any questions about trash collection:
The goal of the Streets and Roads Division is to and improve the township streets, roads and associated improvements for safe, efficient and effective public travel and transport. our resident's assistance is helpful to identify a variety of community needs.
You may also call the Public Works Department at (609) 625-6311
Remember that our local Public Works Department services municipal streets and roads ONLY. For problems with County or State roads please click on one of the links below.